Friday, October 26, 2007

A little off

Do you ever get the feeling that you aren't living the life meant for you? I do. It's strange to because this is the life I planned for myself. I mean, I have known since I was a kid I was going to be a doctor, a wife and a mother. At 27, I am all of those. The thing is...sometimes I love my life, and sometimes... Well, lets just say, sometimes I worry I was so focused on getting those life goals accomplished that I missed something on the way. And then there are the people that you meet... and you think, if I was at a different point in my life, would this meeting have gone differently? I think life is all about timing. You can meet someone and fall in love, and you can both be madly in love with each other... but if the timing is wrong... if one of you is ready to committ and the other isn't, then... goodbye. But when the timing is right, you open yourself up to the committment, you let yourself fall in love. Then there are the people who are so desprate for it to be the "right time" that they convince themselves they are in love to fill some void, some personal defect, some repressed abandonment. But in the end, its about timing and luck, and probably fate... The invisible hand pushes you to the situation where you meet someone, the timing is right so you strike up a converstaion... The rest, as they say, is history....

No comments: