Sunday, October 28, 2007

Domestic Goddess

I am a domestic goddess! I made my son's Halloween costume from scratch and it is fantastic (pictures to follow when I finally upload them from my digital camera!) It all started last year when I found the cutest little dragon costume and decided it would be funny to have a family theme, so I was the princess, my husband the knight in shining armor and my son, the ferociously adorable dragon. So this year I had the wonderfully punny idea to dress my son up as "King Tot" and I could be his mummy and my husband our servant. The problem, no one had king tut costumes. So in a moment of domestic brilliance I went to the fabric store and bought two yards of gold satin fabric and some black felt and went crazy with the glue gun. Alas, my domestic brilliance has been somewhat curtailed by the fact that my two year old son is afraid of the headdress. Oh well, for the two seconds we conned him into wearing it, he looked fantastic! I am also a domestic goddess because I made an amazing Frankenstein cake and mummy cookies. Ahhh, I am basking in the glow of success!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.